Looking for a fun freelance gig to make extra dinero? If you love all things pretty, design, home decor, and cool trendy furniture the Assistant Content Creator Blogger position is for you!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that if you make a purchase, I might make a small commission at no extra charge to you. Please read my full disclosure here.
Assistant Content Creator
Inspired Design Talk is growing and we’re super excited to be hiring! This position is perfect for a college student or recent graduate looking for a freelance gig to make extra money.
If you are inspired by all things pretty, design, home decor, and cool trendy furniture then you’ll love this position. We’re hiring an Assistant Content Creator | Blogger to help with all things blog related.
See below for details about this fun position and how to apply!
Please Note: Applications are now open but may close without notice. If you are interested in this position apply ASAP.
Assistant Content Creator | Blogger for Inspired Design Talk
Assistant Content Creator | Blogger for Inspired Design Talk
Position: Contract/ Freelance
Hours: Flexible 5-10 per week
Pay: $20 per hour
Our design, furniture, and home decor blog is expanding and we’re looking to add to the team. This position is ideal for a college student or recent grad looking to pick up additional work hours.
It’s a flexible position requiring 5-10 hours a week to start. If hired you’ll be required to help with all things content-related. For example, creating blog posts and emails. Also designing Pinterest pins, printables, and more!
In addition, this position focuses on helping readers design a home they love. We provide resources, tips, and inspiration related to the home.
Above all, the main topic is trending design, furniture, and home decor. Spaces include apartments, homes, Airbnbs, and dorm rooms. We also create gift guides and seasonal content as well.
More about the Assistant Content Creator | Blogger Position:
Ideally, this is a position that’ll grow with the blog and lead to future opportunities. That said we are looking to build a team that’s passionate and in it for the long game.
- Loves to decorate and find the latest trends.
- Keeps up with current trends in home design through social media (Pinterest and Instagram).
- Has a passion for design, style, and decorating.
- Enjoys writing about all things pretty for the home.
- Wants to work a flexible schedule.
- Loves learning new things.
- Is creative, organized, and detail-oriented.
- Strong desire to inspire, share ideas, and find cool products.
- Able to work independently and be a team player.
- Flexible and has a positive attitude.
- Ability to multi-task when needed.
- Needs minimal supervision and can stay on schedule.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Sourcing furniture, home decor, ideas, and inspiration.
- Write blog posts in WordPress that incorporate SEO optimization best practices (you will be trained).
- Work closely with the founder to brainstorm seasonal content that best targets our audience.
- Write and curate interesting, social-friendly content that’s evergreen but current.
- Design and create printables, mood boards, roundups, and gift guide images.
- Create Pinterest pins in Canva for each written post to market and drive traffic.
- Willing to take photos of cool spaces that relate to blog post topics.
- Work 5-10 hours a week but be flexible.
To clarify: The position is in person (in Wantagh, NY) but once trained you may have the opportunity to work remotely in the future.
- Majoring in journalism, communications, marketing, or related field
- Knowledgeable and passionate about home decor trends, design, furniture, and lifestyle type of social content
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized
- Able to meet deadlines and be adaptable to scheduling changes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Canva, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Experience with WordPress (or similar blogging platform) a plus
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
Please Note: As an Inspired Design Talk employee, you will not be able to engage in any outside activity that’s a conflict of interest. This includes running or working on your own or someone else’s blog.
More About Inspired Design Talk
Inspired Design Talk helps Pinterest lovers design a home they love by providing resources, ideas, and inspiration. Spaces include Airbnbs, apartments, first homes, and dorm rooms.
The purpose of the blog is to provide designs and resources that help readers reimage their living spaces.
The blog began in 2020 and has quickly grown to be a go-to resource for all things pretty home-related. As a result, we have helped thousands of readers around the world solve their design dilemmas!
How To Apply For This Position:
Firstly, create a photo collage (3-5 images) in Canva with pictures from Pinterest that shows your design style. This can be a combination of living room, bedroom, dorm room, or any spaces you find inspiring. The purpose of this is to show your personal style.
Secondly, create a roundup board with 5-7 products (in Canva) inspired by the photo collage. Check out the ones we’ve created on the blog for reference.
For example, if your inspiration is a living room create a board with a sofa, coffee table, rug, artwork, pillows, and side table. Number the products in the photo for easy reference.
Thirdly, write two short paragraphs explaining the products you sourced and what you love about them. This exercise is to make sure your style aligns with ours and that you can write.
Once hired you’ll learn our exact process. Most importantly, do your best and have FUN!
In conclusion, please submit your resume, collage, roundup board, and paragraphs to [email protected] for consideration.
Inspired Design Talk is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
The Founder Nicole DelaCruz
A blogger, designer, content creator, & forever optimist dedicated to sharing pretty resources that help readers create a home they love!
What started out as a way to keep my sanity and stay creative during the quarantine of 2020 turned into clarity.
Through the process of finding my voice, I discovered I LOVE blogging just as much if not more than I love “traditional” Interior Design.
Given the state of the industry and the fast growth of the online world I knew I needed to pivot and diversify. So I dove right into what quickly became an obsession with providing valuable resources and inspiration to as many people as possible.
Passionate about teaching, giving back, and sharing I have discovered this blog is the perfect vehicle to share my journey and inspire others along the way!
If you are interested in being a part of this fun emerging industry and fit the requirements please apply ASAP! Join me in this next chapter of growth and endless possibilities!
Have an amazing day full of Unicorns & Rainbows!